Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Love that Dog by Sharon Creech


I loved this book! I found it so unique with the whole way it was written and combined as a book. This is a great story told in a child's point of view and his understandings or confusions on poetry. I think this book was perfect in capturing some children's misconceptions on poetry and their hesitation when writing it. I know when I was a child and still at times now don’t really understand poetry and was shy about presenting my work in fear of it being incorrect. This book also shows how fast kids progress through out the year and how encouragement and praise raises their self esteem and willingness to show their work. This book is a fast and easy read that young reader would both enjoy and connect to. For teachers this book presents a lot of great activities within the text that you could utilize in the classroom. I definitely recommend it. Once you pick it up you won’t put it down out of curiosity of where it is going next.

No comments:

Post a Comment