Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein



I hadn't read Shel Silverstein for years until I recently and this poem book is the best yet. I have never read any poems as funny as the ones Shel Silverstein writes."A Light in the Attic" is a book for people of all ages. Silverstein is one of my favorite author of children's books. I never truly liked poetry until after reading some of his works and this one has to be my old time favorites. With characters in his poems ranging from any animal to any human, this book definitely has variety. I love the way Shel is able to rhyme things together and come up with such great stories in his poems. It is a great book to pull out on a rainy day, I never get bored with it, no matter how many times I read it. The poems are all funny, and they can cheer anyone up

No comments:

Post a Comment