Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Big, Bad and a little bit Scary by Wade Zahares


I loved this collection of poems! I found this book incredibly funny and inspiring, and I feel children will feel the same. Each poem focus on a different animal from a lion to a porcupine. I found myself laughing out loud and sharing the poems with my roommates. I think younger children will like this book because it shows that poetry doesn't have to be strictly about your feelings as many people have the misconception of, that they can be fun and have a topic that your interested in such as animals. I wasn't a huge fan of the drawings, but just because they aren't my style. They are full of bold colors and the animals stand out which would be enjoyable for children. I would take a minute to look at this book it has some really funny poems inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment