Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Where Is Home Little Pip? by Karma Wilson and Jane Chapman

Where Is Home, Little Pip? takes you on an adventure around the Antarctic meeting new characters as Pip, the main character, a baby penguin gets lost from home and attempts to find his way home. I think this story was so cute for younger kids to read. I loved the use of rhyme when each character would explain where home was to them. As a teacher I think you could even build off this book and learning other characters found in the and having students creating their own poem about what their home is. I really like the illustrations they were so details and beautiful. The colors used through out the book it created a very calming mood because they were so soft and light. I think younger readers will enjoy the amount of expression used, it will create a fun read aloud! I really enjoyed this story and would for sure recommend this for younger readers. It is a fun story exploring and accepting the idea that although everyone's home is different, family is the most important.

No comments:

Post a Comment