Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Crazy Hair Day by Barney Saltzberg

The book Crazy Hair Day brought me right back into my elementary days! It was great reading this story and remembering all the fun themed days we used to have in my school such as crazy hair day or twin day as he mentioned. This story is about the character Stanley and his horrible mix up between picture day and crazy hair day, every kids worse nightmare. It shows a realistic reactions and gives the reader a relatable connection to the character. In the end this is an uplifting story that shows the importance of friendships and kindness. I think the reason I enjoyed this book so much as I'm sure others would do the same is because it has such a positive message and shows how we all can have our embarrassing moments at times, but will make it through in the end. I would recommend this story for grades kindergarten through about 3rd grade. There are a lot of activies that I could seeing leading from this story. For example teachers could lead into talking about feelings and or embarrassing moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment