Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bob's Best ever Friend by Simon Bartram


Bob the astronaut travels to and from the moon to give his daily "Moon Tours" and although he loves his job he gets lonely and wants to find his best ever friend. This is the sequel to Bob's first book Man on the Moon. I must admit the cover of the book gave me a different expectation of what I thought the story was going to be about. Though I did like this story it wasn't one of my absolute favs. I think it will help spark imagination for young children with the different aspects about space, but other than that there was nothing really that appealing to the story. I did like the illustrations they were very bright and had the pixar animation feel to them. Young readers will enjoy small details in the background of the pictures.I probably would not take the time to read this aloud to my class because it just didn't really grab my attention, not saying it was a horrible book it was just nothing special. Even the main character isn't very interesting he has a very generic name, Bob and is a white middle aged lonely man it just doesn't appeal to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment