Tuesday, October 13, 2009

And Tango Makes Three by Justin Richardson

I would recommend this story to all elementary school teachers! It is a wonderful true story that teaches children tolerance and diversity. This is a true story of two male penguins in the Central Park Zoo that decided that they were a couple and who nurture an egg and baby penguin together.The common criticize about how this book promotes homosexuality and in a way it does, acceptance for homosexuality. This book was great at demonstrating how regardless of the sex of the parents they were able to give the chick everything she needed. This was extremely cute story and I almost died when I found out it was true! I think this book is a great way to connect the way diversity is all around us. I loved this book and think everyone should give it a chance before listening to all the negative reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment